200 Hour Iyengar Yoga Teacher Training
200 hour Iyengar Yoga teacher training based on traditional School of B.K. S Iyengar. His style takes roots in hatha yoga and combines approach of alignment of the body, breath and concentration. These way helps to maintain correct blood flow in the body, increased stamina and balance. Iyengar believed that there is no any student who can not perform yoga. Because of variety of adjustment tools the human’s body can be align till correct ideal position when the effect of the practice will be visible. B.K.S. Iyengar has created 200 classical yoga poses and that taught from the basic to advanced. Adjustment through the belts, blocks, and blankets for the asana, pranayama & meditation based on the body mechanics and kinetics. It helps to reduce injuries, and gradually improve the body parts. Iyengar Yoga is a very gentle style of yoga and follows Patanjali Yoga Sutras as well. Iyengar Yoga could be different style of yoga if it is focused on movement, alignment and breath.
Who we are?
Vedansha Institute of Vedic science and alternative medicine founded by Dr.S.Pandey Ji . We cover education in whole vedic science (yoga & meditation, ayurveda, vedic astrology & vastu). teacher training programs help people to make yoga their profession or integrate it in daily life. Our special retreat programs help people to control their emotions, remove fears, to improve their life, find harmony and happiness. Therapy courses will help to support common and non-curative diseases.
What is our aim?
To prepare yoga teacher or yoga practitioner who will understand yoga as a vedic subject and will be capable to teach others and share knowledge in asana, pranayama, meditation, mantra, yoga philosophy, ayurveda, yoga anatomy, asana alignment.
|Duration||Study Days||Free Day||Graduation||Price|
|27 days/26 nights||Monday-Saturday||Sunday||International valid Certificate of Yoga teacher according to International Yoga Alliance USA||103000 INR ( 1500 USD ) in twin shared room
116500 INR ( 1700 USD ) in private room.
98000 INR ( 1350 USD ) in Dormitory
145000 INR ( 2000 USD ) in private room.
Book your TTC 3 month before the start date and get discount 6800 INR (Equivalent to 100 USD)
Benefits of 200 hour Iyengar Yoga Teacher training in Rishikesh India
- You will learn how to align the body independently from the limitations in asana perfomance
- You will be able to perform particular sequence that combines breath and movement
- You could perform adjustment & alignment and understand how to use iyengar blocks, ropes, straps, chairs, plank, bench, wheel
- You could understand the therapeutic sense of asana, pranayama & meditation
- You can relief your clients from pain back & joints pain
- You can adapt the program for any type of clients from old to disabled
- Iyengar yoga makes you better understand body mechanics & kinetics
200 Hour Iyengar Yoga Teacher Training Course is suitable for
- Beginners & intermediate students
- For yoga teachers who wish to be certified in Iyengar Yoga (in this case it can be used as YACEP course for continuing education)
- For yoga practitioners who would like to get certificate of yoga Alliance USA
What you learn in 200 Iyengar Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course:
- Asanas according Iyengar Hatha Style
- Types of Iyengar props and how to use them
- Pranayama, Meditation in Iyengar style
- Yoga Philosophy & Mantra
- Yoga Anatomy and body kinematics
- Yogic Nutrition
- Elements of Ayurveda
- Asana Alignment and adjustment*
- Yogic cleansing (Shatkarma)
- Iyengar Teaching Methodology*
- Get important information about your energy body with aura check up
* depends on week Dates in 2018.
200 Hour Iyengar Yoga Teacher Training Schedule in Rishikesh 2019
200hrs Iyengar Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, January 2019
- Starting Dates in January 2019 for Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh – 1/01/2019 to 27/01/2019
200hrs Iyengar Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, February 2019
- Starting Dates in February 2019 for Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh – 1/02/2019 to 27/02/2019
200hrs Iyengar Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, March 2019
- Starting Dates in March 2019 for Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh – 1/03/2019 to 27/03/2019
200hrs Iyengar Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, April 2019
- Starting Dates in April 2019 for Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh – 1/04/2019 to 27/04/2019
200hrs Iyengar Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, May 2019
- Starting Dates in May 2019 for Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh – 1/05/2019 to 27/05/2019
200hrs Iyengar Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, June 2019
- Starting Dates in June 2019 for Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh – 3/06/2019 to 29/06/2019
200hrs Iyengar Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, July 2019
- Starting Dates in July 2019 for Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh – 1/07/2019 to 27/07/2019
200hrs Iyengar Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, August 2019
- Starting Dates in August 2019 for Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh – 1/08/2019 to 27/08/2019
200hrs Iyengar Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, September 2019
- Starting Dates in September 2019 for Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh – 2/09/2019 to 28/09/2019
200hrs Iyengar Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, October 2019
- Starting Dates in October 2019 for Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh – 1/10/2019 to 27/10/2019
200hrs Iyengar Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, November 2019
- Starting Dates in November 2019 for Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh – 1/11/2019 to 27/11/2019
200hrs Iyengar Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, December 2019
- Starting Dates in December 2019 for Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh – 2/12/2019 to 28/12/2019
- International valid certificate of yoga Alliance USA.
- Theoretical and practical skills.
- Mala (string of beads) energised by our Guru Ji Yogachariya Dr. S.K.Pandey, PhD (Yoga & Naturopathy).
- 26 nights accommodation.
- 3 times of yogic nutrition, beverages
- Yogic cleansing session
- Study materials.
- Cleansing Kit.
- T-shirts (1) with symbolic of school.
- 2 excursions in Himalaya.
- 1 short aura check up.
- 2 ayurvedic massages
- Accompanying and supporting
during time of staying in the Institute, help provided 24 Hours.
Optional for moderate payment:
- Pick up and drop.
- Other ayurvedic procedures.
- Detox ayurvedic herbal program
- Modern automatic Hydrocolontherapy session
- Ayurvedic doctor conculatation.
- Number of excursions more than mentioned above.
- Detailed Aura check-up with providing of written report about Aura statement, disturbances in Aura if they are present, supporting methods and treatment advices of naturopathic specialist (individual plan of asana postures, pranayama, herbs, meditative practice).
- Detailed horoscope assessment.
- Extra night of accommodation.
Check in : 13:00 pm | Check out:12:00 pm
- Your interest to learn Vedic science
- Successful payment of deposit
- In their own interest individuals with disabilities or ailments are advised to refrain from applying.
- Minimum age at the time of admission is 18 years. Applicants aged over 60 years could applied after consultation with us oer e-mail/phone/skype/facebook .Contact us(make like direct link).
- Pregnant women need a medical authorisation permitting them to practice yoga from their own country with translation in English.
- Any candidate found unfit after commencement of the course will not be permitted to continue the training and a refund of fees and other charges will not be admissible.
Time Table of 200 hour iyengar yoga teacher training:
- 06:00 – 06:30 Wake up and cleansing.
- 06:30 – 07:00 Shatkriya and herbal tea (yogic cleansing with Jala neti (special techniques of nose cleansing), pooja (mantra recitation & fire ceremony purification).
- 07:00 – 08:30 Iyengar Asana Class
- 08:30 – 09:30 Pranayama: breathing exercises
- 09:30 – 10:30 Breakfast: special yogic menu.
- 10:30 – 11:30 Yoga philosophy/ayurveda/teaching methology.
- 11:30 – 12:30 Mantra chanting (2 weeks)/Asana Practicum & Methodology
- 13:00 – 14:00 Lunch.
- 14:00 – 15:00 Free time.
- 15:00 – 16:00 Yoga anathomy 2 weeks/asana alignment 2 weeks.
- 16:00 – 17:30 Iyengar Asana Class
- 17:30 – 18:30 Yoga Nidra/ guided Meditation: guided relaxation practice, meditation and concentration.
- 18:30 – 19:30 Dinner.
- 19:30 – 20:30 Special event.
- 20:00 – 22:00 Free time.
- 22:00 – 06:00 Sleep.
Note:- Time table can be changed during to teaching process. Shatkrama (yogic cleansing depends on the weather and will be given as 2 classes instead of pranayama)
Yoga Course Teaching Plan:
List of Basic Postures (level 1) recommended for the first two terms of the course. Important asanas are
in bold face.
5. Utthita Trikonasana
6. Virabhadrasana 2
7. Utthita Parsvakonasana
8. Virabhadrasana 1
9. Ardha Chandrasana
11. Parsvottanasana (arms down, head up)
12. Prasarita Padottanasana 1 (concave back, head up)
13. Uttanasana (concave back)
16. Adho Mukha Svanasana (support – for hands or heels)
21. Trianga Mukhaikapada Paschimottanasana
22. Marichyasana 1 (twist only)
23. Malasana 1 (a) (with or without wall support for back) – not shown at assessment
24. Malasana 1 (b) (heels on rolled blanket) – shown at the assessment
25. Bharadvajasana 1 (turning, without holding the upper arm)
26. Chatushpadasana (see Yoga a Gem for Women pl. 102 and cf. LOY pl. 258)
27. Salamba Sarvangasana
28. Halasana (legs on stool or feet at wall, feet on floor in own practice)
30. Supta Konasana
31. Setu Bandha Sarvangasana (on a brick/blocks)
32. Urdhva Prasarita Padasana (90 only)
33. Savasana (on bolster with eye band, observing the normal in breath and out breath)
Pranayama assessed during training
List of Postures to be introduced progressively over remaining training period (level 2). Important asanas
are in bold face.
2. Utthita Parsvakonasana
3. Parivrtta Trikonasana
4. Parivrtta Parsvakonasana
5. Virabhadrasana 3 (from a good Virabhadrasana 1)
6. Parivrtta Ardha Chandrasana
9. Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana 1 (with belt, leg forwards, heel support – wall or ledge)
10. Parsvottanasana (final pose, hands in namaste if possible)
11. Prasarita Padottanasana 1 (final pose)
12. Uttanasana (final pose)
13. Salamba Sirsasana (against a wall)/Rope Sirsasana
14. Supta Virasana (supported and non-supported)
15. Adho Mukha Svanasana (any appropriate support)
16. Chaturanga Dandasana
17. Urdhva Mukha Svanasana
20. Salabhasana and Makarasana
22. Urdhva Dhanurasana 1 (from chair or stool)
23. Dwi Pada Viparita Dandasana (trunk supported on chair with edge of chair under shoulder blades – feet
to wall, legs parallel to the floor)
24. Bharadvajasana 1 (final pose)
25. Bharadvajasana 2
26. Marichyasana 3 (twist – opposite bent elbow over the bent knee)
27. Ardha Matsyendrasana I (preparatory learning to sit on the foot, wall/foot support)
28. Malasana 1 (heels down, arms gripping wall/column)
29. Baddha Konasana (sitting straight)
30. Upavistha Konasana (sitting straight)
31. Janu Sirsasana
32. Marichyasana 1 (bend forward with hands and arms entwined)
33. Paschimottanasana (Ugrasana/Brahmacharyasana)
34. Paripurna Navasana
35. Ardha Navasana
36. Salamba Sarvangasana 1(5 minutes)
37. Halasana (toes on floor, 3 minutes)
38. Eka Pada Sarvangasana
39. Parsvaika Pada Sarvangasana (as far as possible)
40. Parsva Halasana
41. Setu Bandha Sarvangasana (Uttana Mayurasana with support – i.e. lifting from the ground, hands in
back, feet on wall/brick/stool, seeYoga a Gem for Women, pls. 97/98
42. Supta Padangusthasana 1 and 2
43. Supta Baddha Konasana
44. Savasana (eye band, normal inhalation and deep exhalation)
Pranayama (assessed during training)
45. Ujjayi (stages 3 and 4)
46. Viloma (stage 3)
47. Bhramari (supine)
Blocks – quality, features, how to use
Straips – quality, features, how to use
Ropes – quality, features, how to use
Blankets – quality, features, how to use
Iyengar Metallic Chair – quality, features, how to use
Iyengar Wooden Chair medium, tall – quality, features, how to use
Iyengar Viparita karani box – quality, features, how to use
Iyengar Savasana bench – quality, features, how to use
Iyengar Backbending bench – quality, features, how to use
Iyengar Tresler – quality, features, how to use
Iyengar Plank- quality, features, how to use
- Yoga-Philosophical Aspects:
- Human Life: Meaning & Aim of Life.
- Yoga – Introduction / it‘s origin & development.
- Introduction of Patanjali’s Yoga-Sutras.
- Limbs of Ashtanga Yoga – Yama, Niyama (social and personal rules and regulations) Asana (physical posture), Pranayama (breathing techniques)
- Concept of three bodies and it’s role in yoga practice
- Introduction in Karma, Raja Yoga. Meaning, Types, role in yoga
- Kosha and it’s role in Meditation & Pranayama
- Concept of 5 Koshas
- 3 Nadis, Ida, Pingala, Sushumna. Their role in practice
- Chakras, general concept & role in daily life
- Panch-Klesha (Five Causes Of Pain & Miseries) / causes of succsess and failure in Yoga
- Earth, Water, Fire element affirmation in sutras
- Samkhya Darshan, Vedanta Darshan
- Nadis & chakras, general concep
- What is Kundalini energy, ways of activation
- Kundalini & Chakra
- Concept of Gunas
- Prakriti & Purusha
- Discipline of Yoga student
- Obstacles in the path of yoga
- Pranayama & Mudras:
- Introduction to Pranayama.
- Basic Pranayama Techniques & Benefits (Abdominal breathing, Preparational breathing, Kapalabhati, Nadi Shodana with/without retention, Ujjayi breathing, Bramari, Bhastrika, Shitali, Shitkari, Surya Bheda & Chandra Bheda, Ujja).
- The pranic body.
- Parana and lifestyle.
- Breathe, health and pranayama.
- Breathing and life span.
- Sitting Positions for Pranayama
- Kriyas (Body Cleansing Methods): (Neti, Kapalabhati, Trataka, Shanka Prakshalana)
- What is mudra and bandha
- What is Ashwini Mudra, its role in energy body
- Dyana, Ajali, Prithvi, Varuna, Shakti, Gyana, Chin, Shambhavi, Khechari Mudra, Hansi mudra, Vayu mudra, akash Mudra, Shunya Mudra, Surya mudra, Jalodarnashak mudra, Apan mudra, Pran Mudra, shankh mudra, Apan Vayu Mudra, Ling Mudra, Dhyan Mudra, Lotus Mudra, )
- Moola, Uddyana Bandha, Jalandra
- .Shatkarma (concept, aim, safety, performance)
- Obstacles in Pranayama practice
- Standard Meditation Practice (Om Meditation, Trataka, Yoga Nidra, Sound meditation, Mantra meditation, Nadis Meditation, 5 elements meditation, Breath meditation, Hamso meditation, Ajapa/japa, Ida/Pingala spinal rotation, Hridayakasha Dharana, Panchaprana Dharana, Pranava Dhyana)
- Visualisation & concentration
- Obstacles in meditation
- Concept of meditation Step by step
- Postures for meditation practice
- How to integrate meditation in yoga class?
- How to choose object for meditation?
- Standard Mantras (Guru, Ganesh Mantra, Shakti Mantra, Gayatri Mantra, Shanti Mantra, Shiva Mantra, 5 elements mantra, So Ham, AUM, Lakshmi Mantra, Vishnu Mantra, Mantra for health, business, children)
Anatomy and physiology
- Detailed explanation of muscular, skeletal system, nervous, gastrointestinal, respiratory system & their function
- Biomechanics of Asana
- Joints and range of motions
- Theory of gravity and muscles function
- Connection of movement & breath
- Body Axis & movement
- How to maximize the movement
- Injuries in Yoga class
- Assessment of mobility
- Using of number of yogic/ayurvedic methods in supporting and treatment of some diseases
- What is ayurveda
- Concept of 3 Dosha
- How to identify the dosha
- 6 tastes and their function for balance of body and mind
- Concept of teaching methodology & how to create your own yoga class, how to reach others, obstacles in teaching
- How to observe & Assess others
- How to create the asana sequence
- Obstacles in teaching
Asana Alignment & Adjustment*
- Correct perfomance of asana, assistence & adjustment
- Structural Alignment of forward bending, back bending, twists, inventions, meditative asanas
- How to align posture according to mobility of the client
- How to use props, strips, blankets in adjustment
- How to teach clients with physical limitations
*depends on week schedule