How to choose Yoga School in Rishikesh?
Last 5-7 years the interest to yoga education in India is growing continuously. There are many affordable yoga teacher trainings in Rishikesh. However it’s really difficult to find the place that is suitable for your expectations for the yoga teacher training:
Here are some advices that can be helpful for someone who decided to do his yoga education in India.
- Need to understand what type of yoga TTC you want to learn:
Hatha or ashtanga yoga style or both?
If schools are working according yoga alliance USA, they usually offer both Ashtanga & Hatha yoga teacher training in Rishikesh. It makes sence to try all styles, to understand the difference and choose the most suitable style for your further practice. Vedansha Institute of vedic science and alternative medicine offers both Hatha & Ashtanga yoga styles during the education.
- How much hours to take for the first time?
The standard certified yoga teaching training course contains 200 hours yoga teacher training for beginners & intermediate level or 300 hours of yoga teacher training for intermediate and advanced level, covers subjects like pranayama, meditation, yoga philosophy, yoga anatomy, ayurveda, mantra, asana according hatha & ashtanga style. If you have not enough time you can do 100 or 50 hours of yoga TTC and when you have possibility – continue the rest. The disadvatage of this broken yoga teacher training is – you can not get complete information at once and could forget somethings what was before if time between two trainings is long. Vedansha Institute of vedic science and alternative medicine offers from 50 hours yoga teacher training to 500 hours yoga training because we understand that not everyone has possibility to spend 4 weeks in Rishikesh. So you can everytime accumulate desired amount of hours.
- Verify the following points before you choose Yoga School in Rishikesh?
There are some schools that offer really cheap yoga teacher training, in others you can find affordable yoga teacher training.
Yoga in Rishikesh is a combination of ancient yogic tradition & authentic knowledge. In compare with other yoga places in India this considered to be the most pure and represents classical yoga style. Many teachers were grown in himalaya and keep the yoga knowledge through generations. Real yoga master belongs to special yoga family with authentic name (gotra). This name is mentioned in special register book. The founder of Vedansha Institute of vedic science and alternative medicine is a yogi in 7 generation and belongs to Bhardwaj Gotra.
– The respected yoga school in Rishikesh is certified according international yoga Alliance USA. It means that the quality of teaching there has a high level, programs are absolutely safe and secure. Before coming to India you can check if the school is certified for yoga training directly on the site of yoga alliace USA. Vedansha Institute of vedic science and alternative medicine has this certification.
– Teachers. Check if the teachers are certified by yoga alliance or have other degree in yoga education. It can be also done on the site of yoga alliance. Many schools also post their certificates on-line. It will make your training safe, becuase only certified and experienced yoga teachers have knowledge of safety techniques in yoga training & contraindications of different practice by paticular person. All techers of Vedansha Institute of vedic science and alternative medicine are certified, 4 of them has a scintific degree in yoga and medical degree.
–English speaking personal. During the yoga training in Rishikesh you will have to speak english most of the time. Be sure that people speak english well there to avoid a misunderstanding. Write email & call there to ask some questions, then you can estimate the expected level. All staff of Vedansha Institute of vedic science and alternative medicine speak english. Some staff speaks german, french, russian, hindi & sanskrit.
-Quality of knowledge. Yoga in Rishikesh offered by the different way in every place. The common fact is – authentic yoga pratice presents mostly in Ashrams – special spiritual places that continue tradition of yoga by performing of special art of yogic & spiritual practice. Yoga is not a luxury, most of time yoga that offered in big & luxury hotels is a wellness that is very far from real yoga TTC in Rishikesh. It will not make you harm, but also will not give you the authentic yoga knowledge. Vedansha Institute of vedic science and alternative medicine has an own Ashram for yoga training.
–Communication . Before yoga training starts is important to know answers on many questions that related to accomodation, meal, schedule, classes, transfer, visa, insurance, fly tickets, special health conditions and requerments. Try to ask such questions and then you can estimate how detailed and fast you get the answer on them. Good and respected yoga school in Rishikesh will provide you maximal full information that you have true feeling that they take care about you. Vedansha Institute of vedic science and alternative medicine has 24 hours client support and will answer every your questions. We are even help to arrange visa and fly tickets for you.
–Hidden costs . Cheap yoga teacher training is very polular in Rishikesh. The question is – if cheap is always equal to good quality?
In some places Yoga in Rishikesh is a business, becuase owners know that people who mostly come from west have money to pay. Thats way it’s recomened to ask detailed what is included in price, how much need to pay for single accomodation, if meal is inluded in a free day in price, if toilette paper & soap, sheets & towels are provided, if all excursions fees will be paid by the school, if any taxes need to pay on place, if any bank comission by credit card paying is there, if yoga mats and other things will be provided. It can save your money & emotions. Vedansha Institute of vedic science and alternative medicine has no hidden costs that you dont’t know before check in for the course. We provide detailled explanation not only on site but in personal discussions.
– Meal. Is also good and important question that are not payed much attention on forums. Firstly need to understand that meal in India is mostly indian traditional food, that contains spices less or more, mostly it’s different from the meal that we are eating in daily life at home. Furthermore, the meal during yoga teacher training is vegetarian or vegan but very simple because yogic diet menu does not includes variety of things. All these factors make confused especially non experienced indian visitors. Vedansha Institute of vedic science and alternative medicine offers only fresh cooked international vegan & vegetarian meal. If you have any meal prefereances by intolerance or disease it will be also possible to arrange.
-Fotos & Video. People who are choosing the yoga school in Rishikesh for training want to know much information about teachers, teaching prozess & daily life. The presence in the social media with variety of pictures, video from classes, excursions is an indicator that school is client-friendly and open to give maximum information about itself that you can do right choice even sitting many km from Rishikesh. Vedansha Institute of vedic science and alternative medicine publishes contineously not only foto & video material of yoga teacher training but also educational posts about yoga, ayurveda, daily yogic life, astrology to provide follow up even if you are already a yoga teacher, to support you in the further practice. And it’s all free of charge. There is also a possibility of particpation in on line classes & webinars.
-Reviews. Yoga training is Rishikesh discussed much in internet. Not every review reflects the reality becuase India is a country that is very much different from west. Sometimes guests from west country just shocked from poverty, trash on the roads, abscense of punctuality and starts to estimate all together however the quality of yoga training itself was good. Thats way read some review about the school not only in one source but also look 2-3 different sites like google, tripadvisor, facebook, bookyogaretreats, topyogis. Don’t have fear, Rishikesh is a sacred place for pilgrimage. You will see in some monthes
really much people that come here for special spiritual ceremonies. Sometimes it’s too noisy, too hot, too poluted but have a treasure of yogic knowledge that is possible to get for everyone.
Wecome to Rishikesh for your yoga teacher training!