200 Hours Yoga Teacher Training Rishikesh India considered as a standard course of Yoga education according to yoga alliance USA. It is always a question – is it enough to be able to teach others and take responsibility for the students in class. Firstly, it is important not to harm with the yoga practice to others, second – try to work according clients need, third – make a variety of interesting modifications to hold the clients.In traditional yoga education in India it is required 5 years to get degree of Acharya and teach others. Many students ask how it is possible to teach others after one month program of 200 Hours yoga teacher training in Rishikesh India? The answer is – yes, it is possible if you understand the main principle of yogic practice and as layers will add more and more different approaches on this teaching concept. It is impossible to teach someone how to teach yoga, as 70 % depends on student and only 30 % from the teacher. Teacher is a sharer of knowledge. If student has a desire and hungry to get the knowledge then process of education considered as a fruitful. If we look in Yoga Alliance standard we can find that among the 200 Hours there are also some hours of self practice? How necessary is it? According teaching methodology the main effect from the getting knowledge comes from teaching others experience. But it is for sure not possible without observation, self understanding, reading, attending classes & practicing.
How to teach? and how to prepare the confident yoga practitioner?
1 what we try to focus on is – who yoga teacher is? If you are going to make yoga a profession, you have to minimum follow some of basic principles of Ashtanga yoga like Yama (ethical standards of personality) it includes Ahimsa (non violence), Satya ( truthfulness), Asteya (non stealing), Brahmacharya (sexual continence), Agarigraha (noncovetousness), Niyama (self discipline & spiritual observances). Saucha ( cleanliness) , Santosha – contentment, Tapas (heat; spiritual austerities), Svadhyaya (study of the sacred scriptures ), Isvara pranidhana ( surrender to God).
2. Next step is alignment of the body with the help of Asana. It is clear that not in 100% of cases the yoga teacher can perform a posture as in book, but he or she should be able to align the body with the help of props and modifications that lead to the proper flow of prana energy. Every student in class reached effect from the practice in form of increasing flexibility, strength, weight loss, stretching, weight gain if was a purpose, decreased pain and stiffness.
3. Normalization of breath with pranayama. And not only the breath – the mind as well. To reach the moment of transmission state when pranayama switched to meditation. 10 from 15 people in our class reach the state of Kumbhaka (spontaneous inner retention) and able to reach deeper meditative state.
4. The principle of teaching based on the understanding of body bio dynamic, movement, muscle strength, lungs capacity, mental relaxation and concentration. Yoga teacher should develop. Even giving the class in group of mixed level students, you will be able to give individual attention in form of correction and / or modification.
5. As yoga nowadays reach in therapeutic level, it is very important to understand the principle of correct sequencing according to the chakra imbalance and body alignment facilities.
6. At the same time, future yoga teacher can choose the branch of yoga on which he/she wish to focus more – like ashtanga yoga or hatha yoga, pranayama, meditation, prenatal yoga, children yoga etc. And we develop in our students the ability to consider yoga as a systematic practice. Without reading yoga literature, world wide yoga research and continuously self practice it will be not possible.